Thursday, March 26, 2015

Wrestlemania 31 Predictions

The Showcase of the Immortals, WrestleMania 31 takes place this Sunday. The hype for WrestleMania has been somewhat all over the place. There's the good (Sting/HHH), the bad (I-C Title hype-well anything involving R-Truth) and the bizarre (Orton/Rollins). Here are my predictions and my thoughts on how these matches were built.


Brock Lesnar vs.  Roman Reigns. I thought I missed something on Raw when Reigns came out and the next thing I saw he was playing tug o war with the title. He didnt speak? That, to me, was somewhat mind boggling. Now, people have really railed against Reigns since the Royal Rumble feeling that Daniel Bryan and maybe even Dolph Ziggler deserved Reigns' spot. I will say the crowd reaction should be interesting. I mean now that Lesnar is staying, I would think the fans at WM will cheer Lesnar wildly. Its too bad for Roman. I like Roman, I really do. I think the problem is that fans wanted some closure to Bryan's chase for the title and never got it. He got injured but there was never him chasing the title he never lost story and the fans resent Roman for it. Its not Roman's fault in the least. Btw, Paul Heyman has been nothing short of phenomonal during this. Actually, he's always great. I mean what else is there to say about him that hasnt already been said? Onto the match, I think Reigns beats Lesnar and Rollins cashes in MITB.


Sting vs. HHH- I'm a little surprised at all the WCW talk going into this considering WCW shut down 14 years today. I've liked the hype to this. Sting, standing for morals and seeing how WCW shut down wants to make sure HHH doesnt do the samething to WWE. Its obvious that fans want Sting based on his reactions and he looked good on Monday. He seemed fired up. I will say I dont think this will be Sting/Flair at the first Clash but I think it will be good enough that it will have a lot of drama. I think Sting wins clean. I'd actually have HHH call out Sting after WM and continue to taunt him to giving him a rematch and Sting comes through the crowd every other week or every two weeks and attacks Authority members like he did in 1996/1997 until they have there rematch at Summerslam.


The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt.-Tough for a guy to carry a feud when the other guy isnt there but Wyatt has done a great job. I mean he's a great talker. I see a lot of Jake Roberts and even some Mick Foley in his delivery. I guess I can understand why Taker wasnt on tv before WM but I would have liked to seen him on Raw because he is The UnderTaker. Believe it or not, I'd have Wyatt win and then build The UnderTaker for next year as a guy whose struggling after the streak. This would lead me into the UnderTaker vs. John Cena match up next year. UT wins and UnderTaker retires.

John Cena vs. Rusev- I've liked the hype to this match. Rusev looked like a badass on Monday and that was a great angle. Sadly, we've been down this road before. Cena will hulk up and give AA's to about 50 guys and he'll end Rusev's streak. I mean that shouldnt happen. Give that Ziggler or Ambrose. I mean give it to somebody that can be pushed with that. Cena doesnt need to end his winning streak. He doesnt need it. Not only that but Cena gets a little too rah-rah with me being the Ultra Patriot. I mean I get where he's coming from but he's getting a little annoying. I mean, what's next? Him coming down at WM looking like Apollo Creed in Rocky 4 with the USA Top Hat etc. So, in closing Cena wins.

The IC-Title Match- The hype for this as of a couple of weeks ago has been lousy. R-Truth adds or has added nothing to the match. Its a shame because I like Truth and loved when he was a heel with Little Jimmy. I mean all Truth has done is take a a title that doesnt belong to him, clown around on commentary and not put over the guys in the ring on commentary and treats the title as a joke. In fact, everybody played hot potato with the title doesnt make the title look strong. I think this will be a dangerous, fun and memorable match. I think Daniel Bryan wins, just because...well give the guy a break already.


Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins-This could be the sleeper match. The hype was strange as Orton came back at Fastlane attacked The Authority only to go back with them the next night. Lets face it, it made The Authority look like fools for thinking Orton was back. The whole story wasnt good. I mean what if at Fastlane Orton came back and attacked Ryback's team instead and THEN a few weeks do the beat down? I mean everybody could see that Orton was setting a trap and made The Authority look bad. That being said, I loved the beatdown that Orton gave to Rollins. It was vicious. Now Rollins should have gotten his heat back. Maybe on Monday he should have snuck in and curb stomped Orton but Orton looked stronger. Me, my prediction, I see Orton winning overshadowing that Rollins cashes in later that night.


The Divas Tag Team Match- Believe it or not, this could be the show stealer. I think if there given time to work they could steal the show as all 4 divas are ones the fans care about.  Nikki Bella is really shining and Paige and AJ are great. I think Brie has lost some momentum since SummerSlam but the fact is that these 4 draw some crowd reactions and when given time to work they could put a pretty good match on. Hopefully #GiveDivasAChance is starting to resonate in WWE. I think The Bellas cheat but they win Sunday.

Andre the Giant Battle Royal- My gut feeling is saying Ryback is going to win. They seem to be pushing him a little more but I think the Big Guy takes it. I also think it comes down to Miz and Ryback and Mizdow either turns here or somehow Mizdow costs Miz the match either by accident or on purpose. If its by accident then Mizdow tries to apologize, Miz wont have none of it and Mizdow attacks the Miz. Think of when Virgil turned on Ted Dibiase at the Royal Rumble in 1991.


The 4 Way Tag Match-It shows how much I care about this match as I had to see who the 4 tag teams were. I like New Day. I do for some reason but I think they get booed so bad that there not winning. Forget Los Matadores. I cant stand that bull. Natalya could've eaten him for all I care. What an annoying gimmick they are. The Usos I would have picked but I dont know about Jimmy or is it Jey's, injury. The Uso might not do too much because of it. So, I'll say Kidd and Cesaro retain. They deserve it. Two great workers with a great worker, Natalya, in there corner.


So what do you guys think of my predictions for WrestleMania 31?

No comments: