Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Super Bowl 50





I hope for this blog I will be able to update it more. I mean I now have my tablet but its hard to talk about different things because I dont know what I want to talk about.





I  did figure that with Super Bowl 50 on the horizon I would talk about that. As some of you, well all of you know me from High School, you know that was a wiz, some say, Guru, when it came to football, specifically The Super Bowl. As you know, I can name them all. Dates, times, MVPs, locations, QB's etc.



I cant describe the feeling I have about The Super Bowl. Maybe because its only one game as opposed to the other sports, like the NBA, NHL and MLB. Now, I know College has its National Championship games for basketball and football but for me, I just always gravitated towards The Super Bowl. I guess it would have to do with the pomp and circumstance that leads up to the game. All the hype and not only that but now its bigger than a game. I mean you have A list celebrities performing at Halftime. You have the commericals which have become just as big as the game itself. Plus, there's radio row where hundreds of sports shows are for the week.




The brain child of Pete Rozelle and Lamar Hunt worked.  It really did. As humble as the first game was,  the game wasnt even a sell out, hard to believe. Would the Super Bowl work? Well, ironically, 47 years ago today, it did as the Jets beat the Colts 16-7 and turned the Super Bowl on its ear. Hopefully, I will be able to count down some of my favorite moments, commercials and whatnot from the big game.


No comments: